Nokia launches first budget-minded WP8 smartphone, the Lumia 620

By Shawn Knight
Dec 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia has unveiled a new Lumia smartphone designed for budget-conscious consumers. The Lumia 620 was just announced at the LeWeb 2012 conference in Paris, France and will sell for just $249 off contract – significantly cheaper than other Windows Phone...

Read more
  2. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 589   +45

Man, I just wish that they made a lime green Lumia 920. I had to settle for black.
  3. I have a nOkia n-800 and needs an upgrade. This price should be lower, considering the Nexus 4 is just abt $300 or so unlocked.... I can feel it calling me...!
  4. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 985   +147

From my point of view, the nokia lumia 620 is not really a budget range phone.

budget range smart phone in my country:
    samsung galaxy, android 2.3.6, ~110-120$
    samsung galaxy pocket, android 2.3.6, ~140-150$

the nokia lumia 620 is going head to head with samsung galaxy s advance or samsung galaxy ace/ace duos at similar price point.

while its features may be awesome at that price range, it needs to be priced more competitively.
  5. JudaZ

JudaZ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 294

Well its not a budget phone. its a Mid-range phone .. "for budget-conscious consumers."
    It is priced competitively for a mid-range phone that is its meant to be.
  6. JudaZ

JudaZ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 294

Wow if you have a Nokia N800, also known as the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet? Then it's really time for you to upgrade. Even though it's Linux based, the N800 is from 2007 after all. And it's not really meant to be used as a phone.

Or where you talking about a completely different model, that you don't even know the name of?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.