Nokia Oyj reportedly to be renamed Microsoft Mobile Oy

1. With the closure of the Microsoft-Nokia deal nearing, the software giant has sent an email to suppliers saying that Nokia's phone division will become a wholly-owned subsidiary, and will be renamed from Nokia Oyj to Microsoft Mobile Oy, according to...

Read more
  2. OliTheG

OliTheG TS Member Posts: 61   +27

Calling rubbish. 100%

Nokia is a strong brand name. People hear Nokia, they think of a strong, well built (in both sences of the word) legacy.

Microsoft Mobile? Get real.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

I wonder which genius dreamed up that name? Who woulda thought...
  4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder You know, that one guy with the PC Posts: 2,189   +589

Odd to change the name that far because Nokia is so well known. I would have expected the name to stay and them just to add the Windows logo or something o the phones and what not. A name like Nokia MS division might be better just so they keep the old name.
    spectrenad likes this.
  5. R3DL1N3

R3DL1N3 TS Rookie

I knew MS would **** this up.. Nokia is a strong brand name.. and people around the world buy NOKIA. However judging by sales the Nokia name hasn't exactly brought the type of success that Microsoft would have hoped for. All said I currently am using a Nokia Icon for my daily driver.. Hell I drove 4.5 hours round trip to the US from Canada to buy it. In the last 4 months I've owned a Galaxy note 3 and a Nexus 5... neither of them compare to the feel and build quality of Nokia.. I sold the note three within 90 days and the Nexus 5 returned it to google in less then 15 days. MS just needs to build up their app store and app quality..
  6. Microsoft Mobile???
    what's with that retarded name..?

NOKIA is a legendary brand! Who is retarded enough dare to change that name? Just keep the 'Nokia' name, and then add 'MS' behind it..