TechSpot

Nokia's 'Treasure Tag' will keep tabs on your valuables starting in April

By Shawn Knight
Feb 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia's long-rumored Treasure Tag smartphone accessory is scheduled to arrive in April. The $30 gadget is designed to connect to your car keys, purse, backpack or any other valuable that you wish to track via a combination of Bluetooth and...

Read more

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,317   +101

It's too big to attach to a wallet... for anything else the price tag doesnt justify it.

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,097   +1,522

Kid's!

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

A nice item for the absent minded or kids but to anyone who has some semblance of order in their lives, superfluous, well to me at least.

5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,262   +541

I could see this being good for people who may might forget things but it could also be used on days for things where you have to present something for your office. Some people spend time focusing their efforts on preparing for something like a presentation that they may forget a big part which is where I could see some use for this to those people.

Otherwise, its just another random gadget.

6. I can see a problem in a second, I have a Tag to my keys and on my backpack. I come home, leave my keys at the front door on a small hook and leave my backpack there also, dont need it and want to make sure I will pick it up the next morning. Good so far. Then I go outside in my back yard to have a beer (its summer and the sun is shinning) bam my phone start buzzing because I am too far from my keys and backpack, so I turn off the tag, oups out of beer, so I want to go buy more, get to my car and realize my keys are inside (tag was off). This is just one example.

7. Just give me a cheap paging device for my lost items like wallet, phones, remotes. A small wireless device no bigger than a quarter with a micro speaker to beep. Less than 10 bucks. Thats all we need!

8. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

Good for if you loan out your tools to friends and forget whom you had lended them to

9. cliffordcooley

I believe this works as a notification system for when two devices become separated, not as a GPS locator solution.

10. Okay I see It works with Here maps. I guess you would have to be one to take the tool/s to their house and then forget

11. cliffordcooley

Maybe I was mistaken!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.