TechSpot

Noob

By jin143
Apr 29, 2007
  1. Hey everyone!

I've been going around some of the tutorials on this site and they're really useful! especially for a newbie like me. I'm from Brunei which is a tiny tiny little country. I doubt anyone will know where that is. So..hi!

And I have a question already and I don't know where to post it either. It's regarding the Windows XP Memory Tweak Guide. Where should I post any queries I have?

Thanks a bunch!!

2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

you're in the right forum or windows questions. Also post your country in your profile. We all like to know where others are from. Welcome.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello jin143 and welcome to Techspot.

Since you`ve already posted your problem in the correct forum, I have moved this thread to our Introduce yourself forum.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!!!!

Brunei borders Malaysia right?!?

5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Hello noob, welcome, glad to have you.

6. IHateHackers

IHateHackers TS Rookie

Hi

Just Saying Hi - How Do I Post On Another Thread

7. howard_hopkinso

Hello IHateHackers and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us. Please take a few moments to read the links in my post above. Thanks.

If you wish to post in an existing thread, just click the reply button and write your post.

If you wish to start a new thread, then do the following.

A list of our forums can be found by clicking the orange Forums link at the top of any page.

Decide which of our forums best suits your question/problem and click in that forum. Click the new thread button and give your thread a descriptive title. Write your post and click the submit button.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

8. IHateHackers

IHateHackers TS Rookie

Cid issue

i have that CiD pop up issue and im trying to post the HJT log and its not letting me reply to any thread with it or should i just make a new thread...thank you for the welcome

9. howard_hopkinso

Ok, please do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Then, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum and Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into your thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

10. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello jin143 and IHateHackers, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)

11. jin143

jin143 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi everyone! thanks for greeting me =) and brunei does border malaysia btw.

12. IHateHackers

IHateHackers TS Rookie

Antirootkit

The AntiRootKit came back with nothing found, running the ComboFix now and will post the HJT log shortly. Thanks for everything hope this works....

13. howard_hopkinso

No problem. Just make sure you open a new thread in our security and the web forum and post the requested logfiles.

Regards Howard :)

14. IHateHackers

IHateHackers TS Rookie

just posted it had to do it in 4 parts though character limit, running norton now then onto adaware and then ssd almost done Thanks again for everything

15. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

please post in the correct forum by starting a new thread. Don't piggyback problems.

also you hate hackers? We're all hackers here. Hackers is a good term that has been hi-jacked by bad computer users who destroy other people's systems. (I'm old school.)

In the early days of computing a hacker was any computer geek who knew his stuff and could "hack" (type away or program) a computer.

16. IHateHackers

IHateHackers TS Rookie

1,0000 apologies

Than i mean the hackers i hate are the ones that hi-jacked the term and destroy computers like mine..!!

Also i thought this was "my" thread to post my logs... ill repost it in a new thread THANK YOU SIR AND iLove(OLD SCHOOL)Hackers

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.