Northeast HL:CS & Q3A tournament - CrossFire II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryo

Well if you're from the northeast US, particularly New England, you know what a pain it is to find any good LAN Tournaments. The Game Development Club on my college campus, in Worcester Massachusetts, is holding a HL:CS, and Q3A Tournament named 'CrossFire II' on March 16, 2002. I will be the grand marshal at the event and we're currently looking for people to sign up. If you're interested or would like more information feel free to email me at cryo_007@netzero.net or check out the website at http://www.gdc.wpi.edu/events/2002/crossfire2

That sounds like a good idea if you ask me. I wish we had someone like you on our campus to do that sort of thing. With any game really, if you ask me. Starcraft is another big one around here.

Well if you are serious about this kind of thing drop me an email. We're a 2nd year orginization and we're looking at getting branches at other schools. The club itself does more than just run tournaments though. We also develop stuff like software, hardware, interfaces, etc. For our campus carnival we're turning the side of a building into a game. :) At the moment the development team that I'm in does 3D interfaces, we're working on a webgame, a HL mod, and some other programming stuff. The best part is that you don't really have to have all that much programming experience just as long as some of the other people do. I'm a BioTechnology major and even though I can program a little some of the guys on my team are a lot better. I still play a big part with what goes on though.

Just a quick update for anyone who is interested. Forums just went up on the website for people who are looking to get into a team for the tournament. Goto the link given in the post above and you'll see the link to get to the forums. Happy hunting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back