Norton Antivirus messages keep popping up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tezza22

Hi,

Norton Antivirus messages have been constantly popping up. They are as follows:

VIRUS ALERT
HIGH RISK
Norton Antivirus has detected and removed a virus from your computer.

Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\I...\PAGEVIEWER.EXE
Virus Name: W32.Virut.W
Action Taken: The file was repaired.

All it has at the bottom of the window is an ok button and when I click on it, it goes away, but then 10secs later it pops up again and again and again.

Sometimes when it pops up again the object name has changed, but the virus name hasn't and also sometimes the Action Taken states: Unable to repair this file, access to this file was denied.

I tried to clean the computer. I ran Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG Anti-Spyware, CCleaner and practically all of the cleaners I have and it didn't work. All that happened was when I restarted the computer, the box popped up it had a new object name and virus name. I then tried to do all the cleaning whilst in safe mode and the same happened again. The object name and virus name changed, though kept popping up.

I don't know what I should do to fix it.

Please help.

Thanks

Your system is infected with a backdoor trojan as well as other malware. The backdoor will no doubt have compromised your system and may well have stolen your personal details

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of tezza22 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back