TechSpot

Norton Ghost 2003 problem

By gulabg
Dec 9, 2007
  1. Today I realized that all my image files are useless, even though the log on Norton Ghost says that image file creation was successful. I tried to run Ghost explorer on all of them. It loads some part of file while having message at the bottom saying" Loading partition 1" and it shows the % of file loaded. At about 21% it stops and gives me a screen saying at the top "Please select file for segment 2" . There are many spanned files in the list. Whichever one I choose, it does nothing and gives me a message "Media not present, Not all files are shown".
    I would think that the program would compile all the files and show them in the explorer. I have no idea what I am supposed to do? Please help.

Best regards,
    Gulabg

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Take a look at all the help info on your Symantec disc, and at their Website...
    Ghost 2003 had lots of problems. Consider Acronis, which for $9.95 might be what you need.

3. gulabg

gulabg TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 49

I can try Acronis, but at present I have some files, that are a part of image files that I need to recover.
    Is it possible to do that or you think that I lost them some how, even though the log says that disk was successfully backed up.

Many thanks for your help.
    Gulabg

4. gulabg

gulabg TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 49

The problem was finally solved.
    Among the many backup files, I looked at the properties of each one and opend the one that matched the date of the one I wanted. It worked.
    Many thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.