Norton Internet Security false info

Status
Not open for further replies.

fw2004

Hi;
I have Norton Internet Security 2008 installed on a machine running WXP Pro.
When I first boot the machine, all is fine if I log on right after the prompt appears, however, if I wait a minute or more to log in (leaving the login screen up), I get a warning from NIS telling me that I have turned off my antivirus and firewall. Usually the message appears in one popup box, but sometimes, I get two separate ones, one for antivirus, and one for firewall.

The Norton icon in the taskbar is green, indicating everything is fine.
The popup window disappears on it's own after a few seconds.

I'm sure this is caused by one or more services not having started before something else starts, but I just wanted to make sure, so I re-installed the whole thing, after cleaning out the registry.
Same thing.

I am now convinced that this is some sort of bug in NIS 2008, and am going to ignore it.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

FW

Yes

This issue is normal. NIS being so large (and slow) is taking time to fully load, during that time your Windows security alerts will popup with no Antivirus/Firewall off issues.

I have seen this on many systems

Yes

This issue is normal. NIS being so large (and slow) is taking time to fully load, during that time your Windows security alerts will popup with no Antivirus/Firewall off issues.

I have seen this on many systems
Thank you for reassuring me.

FW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back