Norton Internet Security Live Update Conflict with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had a problem with Norton Internet Security until this morning. I downloaded a Norton Security Live Update and now I cannot download my email or send out mail in Outlook. What is the problem? Thanks to anyone who can tell me what to do.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The best thing you could do is get rid of that Symantec/Norton crap altogether.

Get the free AVG antivirus programme from HERE

Also get the free Zonealarm firewall from HERE

Once you`ve got rid of the Symantec/norton bloatware. You`ll probably notice a performance boost to your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Maybe Techspot should offically announce that the forums will provide NO support for the use of SYmantec home products such as NIS or NAV. Not that this is a policy at the moment, but hey, it might make the news on other sites, and who knows - it may even start a positive trend! lol :)

People should get up each morning, and stand in front of a mirror and say to themselves three times (and intently) - "NAV is evil, NIS is evil", or errr, maybe not. :eek:

I got rid of Norton 2 weeks ago and got ZoneAlarm. Best move I ever made. Almost every time Norton downloaded an update, I had to configure it to allow my mail to come through my RoadRunner pop-server. It can be done by manually typing in you email server, but in the 2 weeks since I dumped Norton Internet Security, I've forgotten how to do it. I suggest you go to Norton's web site for help. ;)

Yes Howard...I followed your recommendations and a definite performance boost. Thanks for the advice! this is a great site!

Glad we could help mate. Best thing you can do now, is to tell your friends to dump Symantec/Norton as well.

Maybe get them to sign up to Techspot as well.

Regards Howard :)

Well, now I'm getting more spam email since no spam blocker for that. What do you recommend as a spam blocker? thanks!

I can`t advise you on which spam blocker to get, because I don`t use outlook.

However, if you do a google search for "spam blockers", I`m sure you will be able to find something suitable.

Other members may have suggestions for you also.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back