Norton Internet Security / Norton Systemworks conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be caught in a never ending conflict loop here. My new Dell PC came with Norton Internet Security 2004 pre installed. I didn't pay for it I think it says it's like a 6 month free trial. In any case I had no problems with it until I went and bought Norton System Works Premier 2005. When I installed that, it detected the frebie version of Norton antivirus 2004 that came with Internet security 2004. It said I could not continue the installation unless I uninstalled Antivirus 2004 first. Problem is Antivirus 2004 has no uninstaller of it's own. I had to uninstall the whole Internet security 2004 to get rid of it! Once I did that system works installed fine. However every time I run Live update it tries to install the antispam update for the no longer installed Norton Internet Security 2004. I get an error message to "try again later because the install failed due to antispam core components failure to create a callback object. If I try to reinstall the Internet Security 2004 it won't install without reinstalling the old 2004 Antivirus too!

you may need to reload windows and all your software. then load systemworks 2005.
Don't use norton firewall. It's garbage.

not user friendly Norton Internet Security

Norton Internet Security is the least user friendly antivirus/firewall program that i have got it took me lot of time to configure it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back