Norton Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search of the forums and found a thread from last month regarding the difficulty NIS has with working with Outlook 2003. I did what Symantec told the poster to do. Since I had installed Outlook 2003 after NIS, I uninstalled and reinstalled NIS, again disabling the outgoing e-mail scanner. 99% of the e-mails I send have to be sent twice as the function seems to time out. I'm on a network in my office, connected to a server that provides the connection to the internet through a dsl. Does anyone have any thoughts other than discarding Norton? We're a non-profit and I would hate to say we are just going to waste the money spent on the application.

Thanks in advance. :monkey:

non-profit organizations may use many good freely avilable av softwares. i reccomend avg free edition, if you decide to abandon NIS.

as for your problem, you can go into nav's options and configure your email scanning there. you may want to try disabling it for a brief period and try sending emails like that.

I highly suggest switching from outlook to thunderbird available at www.mozilla.org

It's free, better than outlook, captures more junk than outlook, and fully compatible with Norton. I use it all the time.

AKZombie said:
99% of the e-mails I send have to be sent twice as the function seems to time out.

Norton System Works has an Extra Features button which has a link
to Connection Keep Alive; Keep your connection for disconnecting.

In reality, it's just a ping to a well know site.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I'm thinking at this point that I may have to change the e-mail program we use. I'll check out Tedster's suggestion.

AKZombie said:
Thanks for your help, everyone. I'm thinking at this point that I may have to change the e-mail program we use. I'll check out Tedster's suggestion.

I agree with the recommendation. Much safer solution too. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back