Norton Internet Surcurity 2005 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My noton internet surcurity is blocking all internet programs exept for internet explorer. and when i try to unistall it, the messege will come up saying it cannot open the setup. PLEASE HELP!!

norton 2005

open norton IS, select status and setting, then select personal firewall then configure from there you can access programme control

have you been maintaining your computer? it's very possible that your problems can be caused by malicious software. equally possible is a simple file or registry corruption. you can install another av software (i reccomend AVG free edition) and scan your machine that way.

bust norton 2005 IS

first of all i would close all programmes disconnect from the internet an re-install norton IS. secondley make sure that you are not running any other anti-virus at the same time as norton, most pc's cant cope with more than one as it creats conflict, this also go's for security programmes.hopefully this will cure that problem.if norton continues to be a naughty norton install another security. Zone Alarm is pretty good
good luck....

ahh, nis and avg get along fine.

your nest step, julz, would be to sheck for spyware, malware, and bogus registry entries using hijackthis.

I have a program called Spybot Search & Destroy and at the end of scanning the computer, a mesage came up saying:

(Datei"C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" Kann nicht erstellt.werden. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by antother process).

Is this some type of virus or spyware? Please help

it could be, but you aren't going to fully repair the machine unless you reboot in safe mode, log in as administrator, and launch yous scans/repair operations from there. i reccomend running ad aware se personal, as it is a free and capable bit of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back