Norton SW 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been driving me nuts for the past month or so.

Since I added a partition for my page file (ca. 1GB which is all used by the page file), when I run one btton checkup I keep getting an free space error. I believe this is due to the new partition where I havent left lots of free space (why should I?).

Is there anyway I can disable the check on drive D: (on the registry?) or disable the whole thing (erase whatever makes that check)?

SW 2002 doesnt have the option of unchecking that test from the System Works option menu.

Thanks a lot

Efo

Welcome to TechSpot

If I remember correctly, go into Options at the top of the window, select AntiVirus. In the following menu is an item Exclusions. Go in there and add a new item x:\*.* where x is your 1GB HD.

Thank you for the answer, this problem is really getting annoying now.

Anyway, I tried your suggestion but I couldnt find the menu. So I looked a bit more and I found an excluding menu by right-clicking the recbin. I can exclude files and drives there, but this didnt solve the problem.

Any other good idea?

Thanks again for trying to help me out.

Efo

Look again, and do as I said: double-click Systemworks, at the top select Options, select Norton AntiVirus; under the heading System you will find Autoprotect, Script Blocking, Manual Scan and Exclusions. Go in there and add a new item x:\*.* where x is your 1GB HD.

If it is not there, you may not have NSW2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back