TechSpot

not a clue. Is my mobo failing?

By udoshia
Jul 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have all these unknown devices I can't find drivers for so I downloaded a progran to find out what they were and the "attached file" is how it reads. My memory is also reporting error reads.
    I hope I did the attach right

2. Grok451

Grok451 TS Rookie Posts: 122

Can you provide a little background of how you got to this point? Did you just build a new system and this is what you are seeing?

3. udoshia

udoshia TS Rookie Topic Starter

No it was a progression
    I asked soomeone to set up my drives on raid
    I should have done it myself
    I lost the raid thats the only way I can describe it one day it was there the next it wasn't thats when the other unknown devices showed up in systems.
    I also could not get the mobo ethernet connection to work so I bought a card
    then
    I started getting memory read errors so I reformatted both drives and re installed windows all without raid
    the same problems started creeping in 1 by 1 but, the system was recently transfered fron one case to another and new drives were added
    that was when the raid set up was done 3 weeks ago

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 1,267

I'd try re-installing mobo drivers and the others that come on the mobo CD. Then check out Device Manager for warnings. If all is well look for updated drivers.

5. udoshia

(
    when I reboot (every time) all the "other" hardware tries to install drivers (all of them) I have the cd that came with the motherboard in the cd drive. When the wizard window appears I check install fron list or location and search removable drives cd
    it searches finds the driver apears to be installing then the "problem installing" message comes up did not complete
    I tried running the cd software in setup but it freezes "not responding" I have to end program and send don't send message appears.should I reformat and start over?

6. IronDuke

Has the box been opened recently? Prior to the onset of your problem?

7. udoshia

yes I opened it to install a few fans

8. IronDuke

My question was to the wrong problem. :blush: Although it does lead to the same answer - check that none of the cards have become unseated or more likely a cable partially unplugged.

9. udoshia

I made sure everything was connected correctly, put the mfgs disk in restarted and let it do whatever it would. I did not click on anything or interact in any way. It opened and closed mesgs. and windows many times, restarted 3 times, and slowly installed all the drivers and identified everything all by itself. When it was finished I took the disk out and restarted. Everything is fine now. So I guess that should be a lesson to me that sometimes its best to just leave things alone.

10. IronDuke

Glad you've sorted your self out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.