TechSpot

Not a good start. I am sorry.

By sergio_br
Mar 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I am here

As you can guess from my nick, my name is Sergio and I am Brazilian.

I am electronics technician and programmer since 2000.
    I love web development with efficient javascript and server programming to deliver interesting features, in a simple but strong way.

I help (as developer) the Firefox Greasemonkey Extension development since I contributed with many of the recent improvements.

Now you know another secret: I use and divulge the use of Mozilla Firefox Web Browser, that I found in 2005 and since that it made me stop using IExplorer forever. Firefox is safer, faster and has much more options that any other web browser.

My main website on Firefox is this: http://sitedosergio.sitesbr.net

I had a bad issue during my first posts, but I discovered the conflit was caused by a Greasemonkey script that should NOT be used in this website.

NOW, everything is fine, sorry for the previous bad title, now I am Ok :grinthumb !

My Best Regards

2. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,289

Again, you are making a claim that is just not true. I was using Opera when I responded to your other post. I am using Firefox right now on this post. I have never experienced nor heard anyone here make the claim you are making.

3. sergio_br

sergio_br TS Rookie Topic Starter

It is solved

I solved the problem, so I am also using Firefox now :slurp: .

The trouble was caused by a Greasemonkey script conflict.

Sorry for the trouble, the site is Ok :grinthumb .

4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

I'm currently using Opera (if you didn't guess it already :D ). Firefox is cool too, but it takes too long to open on my computer.
    Regards :)

5. sergio_br

Opera takes about 10 seconds to open in my computer. The previous version used to take 4 s. As the browser improved, it is now taking longer :D ...
    That's explain why Firefox takes even longer...
    Firefox only takes long the first time it loads.

Opera has really improved some things in the version 9.x that bored me in the previous version 8.x, but I still find Firefox interface more intuitive, beautiful and pleasant to work on the web.

I know Opera is good too. And that both are better than IE for sure. Thanks :wave:

6. sergio_br

Good idea. I have just set my avatar up.

7. kitty500cat

I saw that and wondered if you got that idea from me...:)

No problem mate ;)

8. sergio_br

Lets say I was influenced by it, but your avatar uses a fanatic approach ...
    I will just do a subliminar by showing the "fox", more beautiful, and less invasive.

9. kitty500cat

Well, I came to this thread because I reply to everybody in the Introduce yourself forum.
    And I don't care if the avatar was copied. :)

10. sergio_br

I didn't copied your avatar at all. Sorry, but now I think it is terrible. We from Mozilla, don't need to do "desparated things" to grab new users. People use and recommend the software naturally.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.