Not able to download Windows updates

Debby

Hi! I recently repaired my SL510 Lenovo Think Pad laptop, using a restore disk to do so. I have Windows 7. Things are going well, although there are some problems I'm working on trying to fix after the restore. One problem I have, is that I have been unable to download Windows updates from the Microsoft site. When I click to have it search for needed updates, I see the bar moving as if it is looking. But it never finds anything and never comes to a stop and so I give up.

Thanks for any efforts made to help me with this!

It's a problem that crops up a lot but there is no single cause or easy solution. It would be nice if you could ditch W7 and take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10. I think it may not be possible unless W7 is fully updated but I'd give it a go anyhow. You can download the free Microsoft media creation tool which will manage the upgrade and activate W10 (or not, depending on your luck) :) If it works you'll have Windows 10 up and running far quicker than you are likely to sort your Windows 7 issues. You lose nothing if it won't upgrade you to the latest OS. Best of luck.

Back