TechSpot

Not my FIRST post, but still...

By Malladine
Apr 9, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I thought i'd say hullo :)

The name's Matt IRL. Born in 1980 Blackburn, England, now living in Woodsville, NH. Winter refuses to let go here :mad:

At least it's above freezing most days now.

I'm currently on the IT staff at a bank.

I'd have to say that gaming was my whole reason for starting with the PC. I would say that my passion for gaming truly began with my dad's Amstrad CPC 464 back in...um, '85 or so and my friend's Commodore 64 around the. After the Amstrad, with such games as harrier attack, galactic plague and rockstar ate my hamster, and the commodore with such games as ghostbuster, warlore, bounce and a pigeon game of some kind, came the Sega master system and my friend's XT! Wonder Boy was the first game I played on the sega. Never did complete it but it set my imagination on fire! It had graphics! *faint*

PC gaming quickly took over, for the most part, with the advent of populous and civilization and from that point on, with a few side tracks involving the megadrive (or "genesis" to you yanks :) ) and the playstation (and the same friend's Nintendo and Super Nintendo - damn super mario kart/super bomberman were fun!), it became a rollercoaster ride of adrenaline pumping, gaming goodness :D

Today I'm becoming more and more the MMORPG junkie (UO started me off there). In fact, i'll be entering AC2 tonight with my wife :)

Oh, and CS deserves a special mention as the best substitute for college work there has ever been ;)

Well, that was a fun trip down memory lane. How was it for you?

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,540   +321

Welcome to TechSpot!
    It's nice to see you around and the fact that you decided to introduce yourself, hope to see you around often, too.

As for my own introduction, I guess you have learned more about me through time when visiting TS otherwise there is always the staff contact page ;).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.