Not sure this is agood idea....

Thats hilarious...I wonder if it will cause problems.
I'm betting that once people see it once or twice, they'll just run it over.

See Pavement Patty (love that name) and swerve -collect oncoming vehicle
See Pavement Patty and hit the brakes- Get rear-ended.
See Pavement Patty and drive on through...congratulations, you're a sociopath.

:haha:...okay now is that a Haiku,m or a sonnet? I forget now. If that was here in the Republic on Minnesota, there would be a cop waiting behind a billboard to arrest you for vehicular manslaughter of a chalk drawing.

Good one Z.

I'd like to meet the brain trust that came up with this idea just for a few laughs if nothing else.

It's not a *terrible* idea, but it's not the best either. The best way to handle is is force the speed of cars to be electronically capped in certain zones, but everyone will complain about that too. Still, it's coming, and I will welcome it.

I live on a mountain that's fairly busy, and outside of my house is a corner that at least one person a week takes too fast and ends up in the woods (usually in the middle of the night with a few drinks involved). It's stressful for us, because we are the closest people who can help, and while I don't want to see anyone in pain or killed, sometimes I want to lead my own life and not take care of some ***** who was speeding down my road. I have lived with this for the better part of twenty years, and no matter how many signs the township puts up, folks still drive like maniacs.

So, I do applaud them for at least trying, because people do NOT police themselves.

It's not a *terrible* idea, but it's not the best either. The best way to handle is is force the speed of cars to be electronically capped in certain zones, but everyone will complain about that too. Still, it's coming, and I will welcome it.

I live on a mountain that's fairly busy, and outside of my house is a corner that at least one person a week takes too fast and ends up in the woods (usually in the middle of the night with a few drinks involved). It's stressful for us, because we are the closest people who can help, and while I don't want to see anyone in pain or killed, sometimes I want to lead my own life and not take care of some ***** who was speeding down my road. I have lived with this for the better part of twenty years, and no matter how many signs the township puts up, folks still drive like maniacs.

So, I do applaud them for at least trying, because people do NOT police themselves.

I'm curious, would you still perceive this idea to be "OK" (by your own admission) if someone struck another car swerving to avoid this projected child, causing a massive pile up and more deaths?

Because I'd rather my car hit anything other than a child personally, and I don't think I'd be alone in evasive manouvers in an attempt to missing it.

Severe measures are indeed needed (its a worldwide issue!), but this is not the way to do it.

P.S. Its not a personal dig at you, I'm just interested to hear your thoughts. :)

The best way to handle is is force the speed of cars to be electronically capped in certain zones

I think Japanese do that, they cap the speed for roads, and as soon as you get on a track, the limit is lifted.

I don't know the full story, but we get a lot of Japanese grey imports in our country, and all of the cars built for the Japanese market all seem to be limited to 112mph. Doesn't matter if its a Supra Twin Turbo, Skyline GTR, Lancer Evo, or whatever, they're all limited to 112mph. One of the first things done once in this country is having that limited fooled (by various means) so it can exceed it.

I wouldn't object to having a mandatory tracker fitted to my vehicle, on the condition it was automatically activated if it was stolen. The government get something, and the owners do in return then.

Our maximum speed limit on a motorway is 70mph. (Most trafiic does 80-90mph) If your caught doing 100mph or more by a police car your instantly banned, period. the problem is in built up areas with 30/40mph speed limits though.

Ah thanks for the info, I knew there was a limit, but couldn't remember the figure to which they are limited to, I am guessing here but probably they use satellites to do all this speed limit jugglery, I couldn't remember where I read or heard about it, if I can find it I'll let you know.

Back