Notebook Power Port Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdpink62

I have an HP Nootbook PC with a P3 mobile CPU 1133MHz with 512 MB RAM. My problem is that the Female plug for the power cord on the back of the notebook wiggles around. It appears to have come detatched from whatever it was hooked to inside the notebook itself. The notebook still works, but it causes the screen to flicker when the AC power engages or disengages, and the port itself is very lose. It's gotten to the point where I just want to throw the whole notebook away which isn't a fun idea because it still works aside from that small issue. Is this a common problem, and if so, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

It's a fairly common problem and also a fairly expensive one to get fixed as the laptop has to be dismantled to get at the socket!!!!

You would think they would make them stronger... I guess it's a good way to keep people coming back for services. Could you give a ball park figure on how much I should expect to pay? I don't even have a clue.

They usually use the cheapest possible design!!!!

I have no idea how much a repair will cost you as i have no idea where abouts you are in the world!!!!

Houston, Texas USA. I will look around here at Comp repair stores and see if I can get a quote.

Best of luck, i hope you find a repair shop that does a good job and doesnt charge too much for it!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back