Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
01/18/2007

I am looking for a good durable notebook computer. I need one that is light weight, and will work well as a wireless network. I have a gateway desk top I purchased new in 2003 but I am totally in the dark in reference to buying a notebook. I want the newest version of windows software on it, and to be able to access the internet. This computer will be used for college mostly.

Thank you for any advice you can give me on making the best purchase.

Sheri

Welcome to Techspot!!

What kind of money are you looking at spending? In my experience, I would stay away from Toshiba's. They tend to have keyboard and overheating problems. Depending on your budget of course....I would look at an IBM Thinkpad maybe.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Just a recommendation on the latest version of Windows software: Microsoft Windows XP is the most current version of Windows. but on January 30, 2007, they will release a new version of Windows called Windows Vista. So it would be a good idea to wait until after January 30 to shop, so that hopefully you can buy one with the new version of Windows.

Cheers :)

Any you buy now will come with a free upgrade to Vista, so thats nothing to worry about.

Just buy about any notebook and you'll be ok. Upgrade the RAM to at the very minimum 512MB, preferably 1GB. Its not like you are a serious gamer. Or creating HD movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back