Nothing on screen on bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.
When booting my machine, I get nothing on the screen, nothing at all. I get one post beep, the keyboard lights flash, the hard drive spins up, everything looks normal except nothing on the screen. I upgraded the video drivers immediately prior to this but I don't see what this could have done. If something went wrong I would still see the bios screen wouldn't I? I have tried the video card, monitor, power supply and memory on another computer and they are fine. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Robert

Hi
Have you tried to boot in safe mode? If you can get to safe mode do so, and then do a restore to last known good and let fly!
Bye

blank screen still

No, don't think I've tried that. Since I can't see anything on the screen, even bios, I thought the fact that I couldn't see anything it was a hardware problem, but I'll try it just to see. I have now tried power supply, video card, memory, and cpu on another machine and it all works. The mb is just a little over a year old I reckon, but thats the only thing else I can think of. Can you think of anything else?
thanks
robert

Check the connection in the back of the video card, sometimes a loose connection between monitor and card wont display anything...

Also double check the monitor is one (I know my light flashes when its off)...last but not least, if you have 2 video outputs, try switiching which one the monitor is plugged into...

Hi
If you have or can borrow a pci vid card, that may get you to a point where you can see what's going on. Other than that, the mb seems to have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back