Nothing on screen on bootup

By Robertrand
Sep 17, 2005
  1. When booting my machine, I get nothing on the screen, nothing at all. I get one post beep, the keyboard lights flash, the hard drive spins up, everything looks normal except nothing on the screen. I upgraded the video drivers immediately prior to this but I don't see what this could have done. If something went wrong I would still see the bios screen wouldn't I? I have tried the video card, monitor, power supply and memory on another computer and they are fine. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Have you tried to boot in safe mode? If you can get to safe mode do so, and then do a restore to last known good and let fly!
  3. Robertrand

Robertrand TS Rookie Topic Starter

blank screen still

No, don't think I've tried that. Since I can't see anything on the screen, even bios, I thought the fact that I couldn't see anything it was a hardware problem, but I'll try it just to see. I have now tried power supply, video card, memory, and cpu on another machine and it all works. The mb is just a little over a year old I reckon, but thats the only thing else I can think of. Can you think of anything else?
  4. ShadeZeRO

ShadeZeRO TS Rookie

Check the connection in the back of the video card, sometimes a loose connection between monitor and card wont display anything...

Also double check the monitor is one (I know my light flashes when its off)...last but not least, if you have 2 video outputs, try switiching which one the monitor is plugged into...
  5. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

If you have or can borrow a pci vid card, that may get you to a point where you can see what's going on. Other than that, the mb seems to have a problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.