Notice: DVD Shrink and Nero 6.6.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

For those of you still running Nero 6.6.0.18 or below and using DVD Shrink, DO NOT upgrade to 6.6.1.4. It breaks the burn from DVDShrink feature. The DVD can still be backed up, because the files are created. You just have to do it manually now.

You will get this error: Error:\nCannot connect TRF

Just setup DVD Shrink 3.2 to create ISO files and let DVD Decrypter burn the ISO files to the blank DVD. There's no need to use Nero at all, really... I'm not kidding!

I know, and as is if the burn fails with Nero you have all the files, just drop that in the Video_TS folder and it burns and works just fine. But why make it a 2 step process when DVDShrink will do it in 1?

SNGX1275 said:
I know, and as is if the burn fails with Nero you have all the files, just drop that in the Video_TS folder and it burns and works just fine. But why make it a 2 step process when DVDShrink will do it in 1?

It's still a 2 step process with Nero. DVD Shrink's analysis and the burning process with Nero.

DVD Decrypter will open automatically to burn the ISO file. This ISO DVD will play on any DVD player too

Tmagic650 said:
It's still a 2 step process with Nero. DVD Shrink's analysis and the burning process with Nero.

DVD Decrypter will open automatically to burn the ISO file. This ISO DVD will play on any DVD player too
Its NOT a 2 step process. DVDShrink automatically burns, it just uses Nero as the engine behind the burning. Its besides the point anyway, the thread was created to inform people that have a working DVDShrink with Nero to avoid 6.6.1.4 because if they upgrade to that version it becomes a 2 step process.

2-step, meaning user intervention for the second step? I only mentioned using DVD Decrypter for burning if you have trouble using Nero. All this is is a setting change in DVD shrink that's all. You have the choice to burn using Nero or DVD Decrypter. There's no reason to argue here. As long as you have a successful burn, that's what counts isn't it?

In DVDShrink, you pop the dvd you want to backup in, set whatever you want to do for compression if necessary. Hit backup, click OK on the dialog box and walk away. When you come back Nero will have completed the burn on your disk. No user intervention at all after clicking OK on the initial dialog box that pops up after you click backup.

With 6.6.1.4 you walk away and come back to see an error box generated by nero that is when it becomes 2 step because you have to manually fire up nero and add the files to the Video_TS directory and then burn. Which is the whole reason I created this thread, so people wouldn't be inconvienenced by needing to do that. I suppose if they want they can use DVD Decrypter to burn, but this was for people that are already using Nero and maybe don't even have DVD Decrypter.

Edit: My above discription of how it works only works that way if you have 2 drives and the blank media in the burner, otherwise its sort of 2 steps because you have to swap disks.

Yes,
this is the same 1-step process using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. When DVD Shrink finishes, DVD Decrypter will open and the burn process is started and finished automatically. Of course, as you say, 2 CD drives are necessary. I have both a DVD ROM and a CD/DVD burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back