Notices on shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

I have mentioned these before, you must have come across these, I can't be THE only one to have got them, surely?
As followers of my long-running repaiir saga know, he loaned me a laptop, & these notices pop-up now & again, he says that it "must be something from the internet" sounds odd to me, as you know I am suspicious of him, but if these are from his doing, what could be his motive?
Personally, I [innocent, yes, I know] think it's just a glitch caused by his previous connections with the people mentioned on these notices, they are different each time.
Is there a standard explanation for these, you know the ones;- "The followiing users are connected to your computer.....continuing will disconnect them YES/NO"
Is it just me getting paranoid YES/NO.
Maurice

The message "The following users are connected to your computer.....continuing will disconnect them YES/NO" crops up when you switch off because there may be several users for the laptop with different user names or it may be connected to a network at some time, but it is perfectly normal.

If you want to get rid of those messages, delete all other user-accounts from that laptop (apart from Administrator and yourself)

Greetings, Hodsocks, hooray, someone a LITTLE nearer my age! [see my profile]
If you look at all my posts on "Computer Glitches" to familiarise yourself with this on-going mess, you'll see why I'm suspicious of the "techie" involved, in fact someone at TS even suggested that he had something to do with the shut down notice messages, but you've reassured me, IT being your main interest.
Nice "meeting" you, Hodsocks,
Realblackstuff, as Hodsocks seem to say that these notices are not harmful, I don't think I'll delete other users, although thanks for the advice.
Cheers all, Maurice.

realblackstuff, this is just to say that I hope the PM I just sent made sense, as you know, you don't have the opportunity to amend, also I had to cut back, as it was over the 2000 max.
Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back