Now I cant Get Into My Computer Or Control Panel

By the_gas
Aug 2, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Original thread.
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic81484.html

Just restarted windows, when i click my computer, or control panel nothing happens, the taskbar dissapears for a few seconds them comes back. I have tried ending the process explorer.exe and restarting it to no avail. I have tried restarting the pc aswell. :(
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

Remove Panda and run a registry cleaner... Restart and see if the computer and access to My Computer and the Control Panel returns
  3. the_gas

the_gas Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 66

I decided to reformat the pc, reinstall raid drivers and start over. This time i installed all windows updates etc after my chipset drivers. Working well so far, also after checking on the panda forum, they released a fix where a bug with explorer.exe was mentioned. Not sure that had anything to do with pfn list corrupt though.

Since my reformat everything has been running crystal smooth for 5 hours so far.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.