Now that I have wireless, I can't use it to send mass mailings...msg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm the one who was tripping over the cable each night, because my husband couldn't figure out how to connect the wireless router and make our wireless work.

Last weeklend, he finally got the wireless up and working and it was great...until...I attempted to send out a mass mailing.

Let me 'splain, Lucy.

We are approved mass mailers from our home. We pay extra each month to Cox Cable to be able to send out mailings about our not for profit animal rescue to our subscribers. We follow all of the rules with a certified opt in procedure and are Habeas Certified mass mailers. (We aren't spammers.)

We have about 6000 supporters in 18 countries who depend on their newsletters to let them know if we need funds or foster homes, transportation, etc.

We are also a non denominational International prayer ministry so if an emergency prayer request comes in, we need to be able to get that info out to our members.

We use a mass mailing software program called Gamadyne Mailer.

We have had no problems up until we tried to send the first newsletter out ...without the cable.

It just froze up...almost like it wasn't fast enough to send it.

I had to plug the dadgummed cable back in! ARGH!

Does anyone have any idea what we can do to fix this and do away with that blasted cable for good?

Remember...please use widdle tiny words in your reply as I am blonde and not very techie oriented! Thank you! Robin

Perhaps it is your mailing program trying to make too many connections simultaneously? Look around in the program settings for a place to limit the rate of ending out mail Home routers usually can't take more than 500-1000 connections and you should set the limit in the program to 200-300 at a time to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back