NT4 FlashWindowEx / user32.dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denman007

Whenever I start Yahoo IM, I get the following error...

ypager.exe entry point not found...
FlashWindowEx could not be located in user32.dll

The application seems to run fine. How do I eliminate the error message.runs.

Thanks.

FlashWindowEx (window buttons that flash in the taskbar instead of stealing the focus) is not supported in the versions of user32.dll that ships with Windows 95 and NT4.0, so the answer is there's not a lot you can do about it.

Edit: To clarify there's nothing you can do. ypager.exe is calling FlashWindowEx() which is a function that is not defined in the version of user32.dll that ships with WINNT4.0. This is a problem for the developer (Yahoo or whoever develops their software) to fix, but they're probably not interested in supporting Win95/NT.

caravel said:
FlashWindowEx (window buttons that flash in the taskbar instead of stealing the focus) is not supported in the versions of user32.dll that ships with Windows 95 and NT4.0, so the answer is there's not a lot you can do about it.

Edit: To clarify there's nothing you can do. ypager.exe is calling FlashWindowEx() which is a function that is not defined in the version of user32.dll that ships with WINNT4.0. This is a problem for the developer (Yahoo or whoever develops their software) to fix, but they're probably not interested in supporting Win95/NT.

Well then how come I don't get the error on other NT machines? Different version of the dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back