ntdll.dll errror when i start playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakycandies

I get an error reading "This program has performed an illegal operation". whenever i start to play games.i am able to run the game but graphics in the game is distorted and after bout 2 mins of its running this error comes.

The error specifies the MODULE name as ntdll.dll.....i dunno what to do.. i have tried reinstalling the driver but no use ....I even reinstalled the OS...
There wasnt any problem @ the beginning....it all started a week ago...
HELP me guys ....and lemme play....:)

specs

AMD XP 1 ghz
Geforce fx5200
ASUS motherboard
1 gb ddr ram

Sounds like you don't have the correct driver for your graphics card, go to the nvidia website and get the latest driver there!!!!!

thanks man..

rik said:
Sounds like you don't have the correct driver for your graphics card, go to the nvidia website and get the latest driver there!!!!!
dude..thanks 4 helpin me out...i owe u man big time....i ll do it right away...i really got scared u know...i really thought that it was a prob wit my motherboard...

That's ok, but i'm not %100 sure that that is your problem. Let me know how you get on!!!!!

dude..thanks 4 helpin me out...i owe u man big time....i ll do it right away...i really got scared u know...i really thought that it was a prob wit my motherboard...

ll it be a hardware probs....i checked the video card and replaced it with my onboard (GEFORCE 2)...the prob persists...i really have a bad feelin that its my motherboard...

Just to make u understand clearly.

ntdll.dll is NOT a graphic driver dll. It is a windows core dll file. The reason why it is corrupted is not clear, but there is a way to replace the dll. I already gave u that option.

To find out what is causing the problem, u really need to do a full harddrive check. If that is not the problem, u might wanna check the cable for dents or stripped wire. (may happened during installation of hardware) Sometimes sata cables have cheap connectors, and u need to inspect them for 'damage'.

A faulty sata/ide controller can cause file corruption, but i take it that you have tested your motherboard. If not, try getting hiren's boot cd or ultimate boot cd and run something like pc-doctor.

Also, i assume u have tested your memory? If not, run memtest from one of those cd's.

And last, but not least, try using a clean, and unscratched xp cd to reinstall or repair.

If u do not wish to reinstall first, try this command in run: sfv /scannow. (you need you installation cd)

This program will check, and replace 'bad' system files.

Before u respond, try all of the above. If the problem persists, let me know what u have done, and with what result.

Good Luck

ok....i ll certainly do that....but mines not SATA..its traditional PATA....i ll check it out anyway...
thanks for helpin me out ....i ll let ya now...da result..
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back