NTFS Error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomlad

man im so sick of seeing this error! its happened to me a few times on my old pc, but this is the first time its happened on this one i have now, in the past i would just format the HD but this isnt even POSSIBLE on this error. But thats besides the point as i dont want to format the HD as ive got a hell of alot of stuff on it that i need, ive looked at this thread;
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic54182.html
and read through it all, i downloaded knoppix and i dont even know how to use it, it wont let me do anything when it boots up. just tells me to enter a prompt and nothing i typed in worked, so thats a bit useless as of yet.
when i use the XP disc it loads up, and stops when i choose anything, i.e. Repair, Recovery Console, Format etc.....

the error says; ntfs.sys - address f84f01fc bus at f84e3000, Datestamp 41107eea

the strange thing about it though is the fact that the hard drive im using doesent have windows installed on it, its a secondary hard drive for my PC, its an 80Gb HD and its along side my 200Gb HD and my windows (XP media center) is on the 200 which is partitoned into 120 and 80, and windows is on the 120 section.

i dont really know too much about file systems or anything on the hard drives, but when i take the 80gb one out, the pc runs fine, but when i plug it in, the blue screen pops up. ive tried allsorts of different combinations of what goes where and still nothing. so any help would be much appreciated!

thanks alot.

First, I would back up everything (the important stuff) on the drive if you can.
Then run the diagnostic tools available from the drive manufacturer. It could just be that the drive is going bad.

i cant get into the hard drive mate no matter what i do, if i could then yeah i would backup my stuff, but whenever the drive is connected to the pc it wont boot and i get the blue screen. and i didnt get any discs with the HD and unfrortuantley i dont have a floppy drive either :(

Can you boot into safe mode? Does that help/work?

Another option would be to get NTFS DOS, put it onto a boot CD and see if you can copy the files off of the problem drive.

Maybe try an external enclosure for the drive and connect via USB.

yeah it wont boot in safe mode, etc..... anything i try i just get this blue screen.

what is this mfsdos thing? i went onto the website and installed something but i dont know what to do from here, i cannot access this hard-drive in any way at the moment it seems, so im hoping someone can come up with a solution on how to work it, or talk me through how to work knoppix

NTFSDOS is a program that will let you access NTFS partitions outside of windows. This could allow you to copy the files off of the "bad" disk and onto the working drive.

im trying to use knoppix but it takes ages to load, is this normal? i get to a grey screen with a cross for a mouse pointer and then nothing seems to load. is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back