TechSpot

Ntfs.sys corrupted.Dissapear letters from keyboard.

By MonoDisillusion
Jan 9, 2005
  1. Few leters and some simbols dissapeard from my keyboard(do not function).Its a bit diffcult to write in a "copy-paste" way :giddy: .When i install fresh copy of windows it is allready without these letters(e,y,u,i,o,p,f,). After few restarts windows doesnt start,it says-"ntfs.sys file is corrupt".I thouhgt it there was a problem with my hardware,but when i connected HD(as secondary slave) to other PC the same hapend there.
    Is this a virus?.I would format it but theres a pretty expensive information on that HD.I tryed to scan it with:norton,ad-aware,zonealarm,search and destroy.But it didnt any good-couldnt find enything.If this is a virus please give me atleast a name of it :hotouch:.

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

If it's a virus or trojan, go to my post here
    How to remove Begin2Search / Coolwebsearch
    and then post a hijackthis.txt as an attachment.

Otherwise do a search on this website for ntfs.sys, there are plenty posts about it.

3. MonoDisillusion

MonoDisillusion TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for your attention.Problem solved :bounce: .There was a corrupt HDD,it got in conflict with mother board.Case closed :blush:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.