Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to this board and this is my first reply. The problem that led me to here was the famous blue screen of death that appears at my recently purchased dell xps inspiron laptop. I am attaching a group of dump files that I collected over the previoys 2 days. It usually crashes randomly and I am not doing anything that pushes the cmputer to the limits. I am a medium level computer user and I can troubleshoot if I can be guides so if anybody can help me interpret these dump files It will be highly appreciated! Thanks alot in advance!

LJ

Attachments

• crash.zip
    64.4 KB · Views: 8
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I could only find two minidumps in your zip file.

One minidump crashes at ntkrnlpa.exe.

The other one crashes with memory corruption.

Faulty ram is most likely the culprit. That is why you are getting random crashes.

You laptop will be under warranty.

I suggest that you send it back, and tell them it has faulty ram.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

extended tests

Hi Howard,

Thank you very much for taking your time and replying to my post. I have talked to a Dell person and I have been running extended tests all night long. My laptopm passed the through memory tests (I set the iterations to 15 to make sure it was not a coincedence). So what can I do to ensure that it is not the rams that create problem? The blue screen was pointint out to ntfs.sys in one cases and win32k.sys in other case. Your guidance will be appreciated.

LJ

Because you laptop is under warranty, you can`t open it up to reseat, and check the ram etc, because that would void the warranty.

Some faulty ram can pass memory testing.

Backup any important data you have, and send the laptop back for repair/replacement.

Regards Howard :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back