NtFs.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

hushlilone

Hey anyone any ideas on this? I was running 2 x 512 pc2100 266 ddr rams. I put in an additional 2 x pc 3200 ddr 400 which are compatible with the pc2100. All worked fine after the first reboot. The next time I tried restarting windows it came up with the NtFs.sys error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. I removed one of the new ram sets and all worked fine for the evening. now I just get the blue screen with windows shut down start in safe, last good config, normal etc. no matter what I try the next screen is the windows shut down to prevent damage and again the NtFs.sys error. even when taking both the new rams out still no luck....any ideas?

Well, I'd think it was a RAM error. How about putting in just the old PC2100 RAM? just to see if you can get it to work by restoring it to its original state.
Cheers

I have tried removing the new Ram but still get the same error message even when I click the "use last known settings that worked". Just what I neede before Christmas....lol

everything secure. I have tried the recovery console but it will not let me in I just keep getting the windows loading error and that it's shut down to save any damage to the computer....

If you can get online, try Googling this. It may help:-

"Repairing Windows XP in Eight Commands".

I don't have the url but think it was Short.com

Thanks for that but unfortunatly it relies on you being able to get to the Recovery console, which I can't get to. how ever I try with the XP installation disk it always ends up with the blue screen telling me windows experienced a problem and shut down to prevent damage. with the nTfSc. sys problem being the cause. I'm thinking a new drive with fresh installation from the Xp disk is looking more likely and just having to accept loosing 50 something gig of program files. but if anyone does know of a better way .....needless to say I would appreciate it

Have you tried the XP setup disks, available, free, from Microsoft? They may achieve nothing but it's worth a try.

Sorry to be vague - I didn't make a note at the time - but I think there is also something called Bart's Boot Disk (perhaps another TS member can be more precise) which might get you in far enough to make a start on recovery.

Good luck.

I have the set up disks. I tend to think for the first time in 8 yrs this is just one that I can't recover in some way without a complete refresh of the system. going to go get a new HD tomorrow n hope for the best.

so I have the pc up and running again then a friend who is a so called hardware expert told me that being as I have a dedicated graphics card I should set the "init display first" from "onboard/agp" to "pci" slot is it? which I did having took his advice in the past with no problems except now the monitor doesn't fire up. so how the heck do I change it back? if at all possible?

hushlilone said:
so I have the pc up and running again then a friend who is a so called hardware expert told me that being as I have a dedicated graphics card I should set the "init display first" from "onboard/agp" to "pci" slot is it? which I did having took his advice in the past with no problems except now the monitor doesn't fire up. so how the heck do I change it back? if at all possible?
thats set in the BIOS. While booting you will see a message like "Press __ to enter SETUP" or similar.. usually the F2 or the Del key.

If you can't enter the BIOS setup, reset by removing the cmos battery for a few seconds or using the CMOS reset jumper..

does the monitor blank out after any screens? any lights? please describe in more details.. can you go back to minimum setup?

i think your original problem had something to do with a damaged hdd/filesystem.. in any case, its good you can get back windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back