ntkrnl error (install)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameJunkie72792

i have this compaq presario sr1123wm i got for free my main goal with this system was to just mod the case and trash the guts, but is not a bad computer so i decided to throw a copy of winxp pro corp on it, when it boots into the setup, it will load into the blue "Windows setup" screen and start loading "windows executive". but wile its reading the cd i get this error cannot load ntkrnl (or something of the sort), error code is 7. i then tried an OEM copy of XP home, same thing, 2K pro same thing, i dont know what to do im toying around with throwing my OEM vista copy in there to see if taht works. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

EDIT** I had a slight feeling Vista would work and it did, so now i have a computer running a unactivated copy of vista, which is currently useless so any help with getting xp up would be greatly appreciated

I usualy have good success in cases like these using a different cdrom for the install, then use the cdrom that came with the system after install. This seems to come from cdroms that can't read certain disks.

awesome i did that and it worked, but now the computer is restarting randomly during the install (this project is cursed lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back