TechSpot

NTLDR Missing

By petay_pan
Jul 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys...
    This morning when i turned on my computer I got the error message before boot 'NTLDR Missing Press CTRL ALT Delete to restart computer', which I do, and the same thing happens.
    I had a look on other websites and found a lot of information, such as using the Windows XP CD recovery tool, and copying the file across. Well, I tried this, and it appeared to work, it said that it had copied the file successfully, and upon reboot, I still get the error message.
    Other websites have suggested making an XP boot disc, which I will try at a later date, as I don't have a floppy drive on this PC.
    I was wondering if a clean reinstallation of XP would resolve this issue, but I'm worried that I'll lose all my stuff.
    And also... I have XP SP2 on the system, but the install disc only has SP1.
    If anything, I just want to get into my files so i can save them onto disc, then wipe the HD.

Any help on this would be seriously appreciated, thanks people.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.