Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD daily

prateekm

Hi guys,

I have the current setup:

AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9Ghz processor.
2GB GSkill 1333Mhz RAM. (Had 2*2, have claimed 1 for replacement).
1TB HDD. (Had 2*1TB, I have claimed 1 for replacement).
Gigabyte 785GMT USB 3.0 Mobo.
MSI R5770 Hawk GPU.
Corsair VX450 PSU.

BSOD errors when viewed in BlueScreenView show the files as ntoskrnl.exe and win32k.sys. The strings are SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION, NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I had 2*2GB Gskill RAM, one of them was corrupt which I have sent for replacement. The other one which I am using has no errors, I checked with Memtest for 10 passes. The 1TB HDD I am using is also new, a fortnight old.

Have attached the perfmon report and a few BSOD dumps too. Download the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip from here: bit.ly/sgxaWW (Sorry for shortening the URL but I can't upload here because of size restrictions).

Attachments

• perfmon.zip
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Minidump (nov).zip
    165.6 KB · Views: 2
You can get into the bios and check the memory voltage from the CPU or overclocking area. The memory voltage should be around 1.5 volts. You may need to raise it a bit to 1.8 volts

Take a look in the bios and find the memory timings and voltage settings... Tell us what the memory VCC is

T - First, I love your avatar. :) Are you going to have one for Thanksgiving? Anyway, I read 5 of 7 dumps and the codes are as follows: 0x1E, 0x3N, 0x19, and 0x24 twice.

Nothing specific was cited except in the 0x19 and in one of the 0x24 both cited Pool Corruption. With all these error codes plus the ones he lists in his first post I was thinking either bad RAM or wrong voltages as you rightly point him to to check out.

Could it be either a) a need for a Windows Repair or b) infection?

Thanks Route44,
My avatar was for Halloween but it will work for Thanksgiving too :) I used to be able to "read" minidump files but with my experience, with a little extra info from the poster, I can usually get to the cause of these BSOD's. Lets hope that prateekm can give us the info asked for, although he seems confused

Take a look in the bios and find the memory timings and voltage settings... Tell us what the memory VCC is

I'm sorry, but I am a noob when it comes to the hardware! My RAM is a single channel Gskill 1333MHz PC3-10666 with RAM timings CL9-9-9-24 and it was running at 1.616V as seen in the BIOS. The RAM box mentions 1.5V on the label, but I find no option to decrease the voltage in the BIOS (I can only increase it by 0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2V).

I have now changed the RAM settings via BIOS and am trying to run it at 1066MHz to see if I still get BSOD's or not.

See, no need to bump the thread, your not such a noob after all! This info is what we needed, so lets see what happens now :)

Similar problem here

I have been getting the same BSOD's, and was wondering if you did have a successful solution? (attached is my most recent dmp file, compressed with 7zip)

Attachments

• 112111-18829-01.7z
    62 KB · Views: 0
Back