Nv4_mini.sys + nv4_disp.dll bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deras4

Hi guys.

I think that I might have a Video Card problem. For a while I thought that my problem was either my memory-blocks or my network-card. But recently I have been receiving a couple of BSOD’s telling me that my problem is located at “nv4_mini.sys” and “nv4_disp.dll”. Both are connected to my Video Card, which is a “NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT”.

My problem is that I receive a BSOD almost every time I work on the internet. It is always a different stop-error, but lately I have been receiving these nv4 error reports.
I never receive a BSOD if I am not working on the internet, so I thought that maybe it could be my network-card. In this thought I was strengthened last weekend, when I joined a LAN multiplayer game and my game was Out of Sync through the entire game.

Does anybody have an idea whether it is my graphic-card, network-card or something else? What can I do to assist you, assist me?

Btw. I have recently updated my GFX drivers...

Thanks in advance

//D

Is it built in lan or a pci card? If it's a card then try a new one, they are very cheap these days.

rik said:
Is it built in lan or a pci card?

It is a PCI-Card placed in an ASUS SLI Socket 939 (as I remember)... I would rather somehow locate where my hardware flaw. But if there is no other way, then I probably need to invest in a new card (or two)...

Any ideas?

Btw. Where can I see what my score in AquaMark3 should be with my GFX? I have run it through an got a score around 15.500 with my GFX scoring around 7.300 of them...

I live in Denmark, and here the card cost around £20... Any idea whether the bug is created by my GFX or anything else? I might just buy a new network card and a new GFX, but I would realy like to find out where my hardware flaw is located...

Thanks.

Hi guy.
Okay, now I just got another BSOD.... This time it refers to NDIS.SYS. Could someone please have a look at my latest minidumps? I would really appreciate it, if anybody could solve my problems... Thanx, thanx, thanx.

Voltage

I was getting this same Nv4 disp problem along with other glitches and ended up fixing it by manually upping my ram volatge from 1.8 default to 1.9 manufacturer recommended through BIOS.

I actually reinstalled everything possible, and now my computer is running smoothly again. I bought a new CPU and cooler along with a new LAN-card, so now I am hoping for better times. But if I experience the same errors again, I will try to change the ram-voltage… Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back