NVDVD 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

negroplasty

I seem to be having some trouble with NVDVD 2, every time I open it, it opens in NVPLAY mode and when I try to switch it to DVD mode it says "Unable to connect to audio device". Can anyone help me? I installed it quite a while ago and never had any problems with it until now; I don't know when the problems started as I haven't used it for quite a while. I have tried reinstalling it, uninstalling it, installing previous versions and reinstalling DirectX 9. On the NVDVD FAQ page is says to reinstall my audio drivers, so I did that, I reinstalled my drivers, I uninstalled my drivers and I installed older drivers. Everything I have thought of has had no effect whatsoever and it is really starting to p1$$ me off! Any suggestions would be REALLY appreciated.

I have found the solution to this problem, for those of you who are experiencing it as I was; this is what the NVIDIA support team had to say:

Thank you for your email. This problem is usually caused from users running a 3rd party audio codec that conflicts with the NVDVD codecs (3rd party DVD players, DVD ripping programs and add in filters such as AC3Filter can do this). We have a fix which will be in the next version of NVDVD that will be released. This should be available soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

I must also add that NVIDIA replied very quickly to my question and answered it to quality beyond my expectations. Well done NVIDIA :grinthumb .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back