Nvidia 28.32 drivers, Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
28.32 error

I just installed the new 28.32 drivers and encountered a problem. I have a dell 1.4 8100 with windows ME and a geforce2 gts 32meg card. I closed antivirus, and all other programs on task bar and ctl alt delt down to syst and explorer. On restart I got this error NVQTWK.DLL missing entry:NvXTInit. I disabled NvInitialize in start up to stop the message on startup. What does this do and is it okay to leave this way and or what else should I do? I didn't unistall my old drivers , because this file is suppose to be able to install without doing that , thank you.

I believe that file is needed if you're o/cin' your vid card through the coolbit registry hack. I know this because when I delete the file in my registry under the run key, my o/c core and memory settings on startup does not work. I also think that a vid card tweaking prog inserted that file to run on startup for you (e.g. NVMax). Anyways, I don't think you need it if you don't fit the description I mentioned above.

The detonator series is meant to be a series of drivers that do not require the uninstallation of the previous driver before installing the new one but many users have reported problems doing this "update". When they uninstall first and reinstall the problems are usually resolved so I would recommend uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling.

Also the nvidia uninstall leaves some files behind which you can get rid of with the Detonator Destroyer (download from guru3d.

More information about installing drivers can be found at this thread which details the steps to take...

Hope this information is of use ;)

The file name NVQTWK.DLL would suggest the "Quick Tweak" utility, which the Detonator puts on your system tray. Maybe disabling that will solve the problem?

yes.. it did solve the error message on startup by disabling that in msconfig , startup. I don't use the tray icon anyways , I try to keep my running in background programs to a minimum. Thanks everyone for all their help.. now to figure out the max tweaks and overclocking settings to get max fps with still a halfway decent graphics display.. I play counterstrike a lot... need more power.. .arg arg arg.. lol.

I strongly recommend that you read the 3DS tutorial and tweak guides. They are excellent.

Also, I have the Maximum PC magazine and they strongly recommend if you have a old GeForce or 32 MB card, you should get a GeForce 4. It's a dramatic improvement.

But, I have to buy a GeForce 3 right before the 4 comes out.
I'll just wait until Fall until the new chip comes out.
(And it's not going to be called the GeForce 5)

:grinthumb

thanks again.. I have read some at several different sights. and I have that copy of pcmagazine telling about the geforce 4 and what will be avalible .I am learning slowly ,but still learning ,to get the best settings I can for my computer.. Love to tweak.. lol.. as long as I don't have to say oooppps... thanks again for all the help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back