TechSpot

Nvidia 4400 fps problme

By zevel80300
Apr 21, 2007
  1. hi guys
    well i have this video card (nvidia 4400) for some time now (like 3 years)once in a while i get problems in counter strike (half life game for the network)

usually i reformat my hard drive or run some cleaning program like ccleaner to
    fix my registry.

this time i'm lost - i had problem in the game (counter strike) than i reformat my hard drive now usually after that everything will work smooth (100 stable fps) but this time it doesnt -- i run registry mechanics and ccleaner and defragment my hard drive
    but nothing do it - I get fps between 50 to 95 that is so unstable i can barely read it (while in the game you can see the fps on the right hand side) and all i can see is the first digit so i know its between 50 to 95.

any guess guys?

thanks in advanced
    desperate guy

2. shuggyboi

shuggyboi TS Rookie

Driver

Hey Zevel,

You should try updating your graphics card driver. Take a trip to nVidia's Website (www.nvidia.com :p ) then click on download drivers, then go through the different selections to find the right driver for your card.

Updating drivers is really important - i've had many bad experiences in the past with old drivers :dead:

3. zevel80300

zevel80300 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well man i did before you ask for it
    i do have the latest driver
    any guess guys?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.