Nvidia 7800GTX Extreme with a ATI x200press chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

I am seriously considering buy a new graphics card, a

XFX GeForce 7800GTX Extreme XXX Edition 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

It looks sexy, and better than the one i have just now, a HIS X800
But the motherboard i have is a MSI ati 200xpress. And i dont know if a Nvidia card would run on this board, with it being ATI . Unfortinately i'm not to rich on cash atm, just buying this card will be a big burn out my bursery. But i like my games and with all these new games comeing out like Unreal 2007 and whatnot i'm going to need something better

So would that card run on my board? If not ill have to get one from the X1800 range but ive been highly recommended for a 7800 lol

cheers

What is your motherboard model number? (ati 200xpress is your chipset). Always a good idea to google with your model number and then "7800GTX" to see if there are any reports of conflict. That's what I would do.

But there should be no problem at all sliding a 7800GTX in there as long as you have a PCIexpressx16 slot. Regardless of the fact that your chipset is made by ATI, an nvidia works.

It should work.

I have an nForce4 with an ATI card and that works flawlessly.
Besides, I'm sure ATI would have a ton of complaints if it didn't work with
your 7800GTX.

i have an ECS motherboard with an onboard X200 also..i put in a 6800 GT and there's no problems...so i don't think you'd have a problem with a 7800 on your board

Ok guys, thanx for help. Just wanted to clear that up before i went any further lol Although i went searching for a ATI card icnase you guys told me it wasnt going to work. Now im stuck bewtween that Nvidia card and the

ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB GDDR3

:haha:
But at least i know what my options are now, thanx guys :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back