Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Probably the same issue as this, because if you see at the bottom of that topic it describes the blue screen, and the memory error, I get that too, but on start-up; the only way I can get this desktop to work is to run it in safe mode, or restore back to before I did anything and still had the 8500 disabled.)

topic97335.html (it didn't let me post the actual link, but there's the ending bit)

I've had this problem for about a month now, and I've tried updating drivers with newer drivers, I've tried the drivers from the CD (Which, worked out to be a total disaster, in which it made it worse for some reason), the basic drivers that I started out with, but none of that worked.

I tried everything in the other topic that was suggested as well, but still nothing worked..
It would be much appreciated if anyone even knew remotely what's wrong or has some kind of solution. =)

That's what I was thinking when it first happened; I really hope not, but, if I don't find a solution within the next two weeks, I'll most likely do that... =/

Well, it's been so long since I've had to check.. The CD it came with is PGY (or PGNY, I can't find the CD right now), I honestly don't have anything else to help figure that out.

I've tried drivers from there, from 3rd party sites, and from the install CD that came with the card itself...

The drivers from the Nvidia website do not work; EXCEPT, about a month and a half ago, the first time this happened, when Nvidia still had their old website set-up, I downloaded some drivers from in between the most recent and the oldest and those worked, until the computer crashed a few times and I guess the graphics card was messing up, then the blue-screen error started coming around.

So, pretty much, all drivers I can find by google... don't work.
Or not that I've found yet... The more I deal with this issue the more I think that the card itself is just fried...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back