TechSpot

Nvidia BIOS editor?

By SuperCheetah
Apr 1, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I've got a question that's been bothering me for a while now. I've seen the Nvidia BIOS editor download for a while now, but I've been a little intimidated about what it'll do. I figure it'll improve performance some, but I don't know how often new bios come out for graphics cards.

Does anyone know where I can find new bios for my Gainward GeForce 2 Pro? Also, how much difference will I see if I do flash my GPU bios, or edit it or whatever I do with the Nvidia bios editor? If any of you guys have tried this, I would be grateful for any info. into this matter. If it's worth it to edit the bios then I am more than willing to do it, if there is a performance increase.
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

I would not play around with the video card bios. There is to much that can go wrong to quickly. There is a good chance that you will kill your video card.

Remember, its not a bios update..Its an editor so you can change settings. Unless your an expert in the field I would stay away from it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.