Nvidia CEO: Android tablets will overtake iPad in 30 months

By Emil
May 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia co-founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has declared that Android tablets will overtake Apple's iPad in 30 months. As Android for tablets improves and more apps hit the Android Market,…

Read the whole story
  2. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

There's no tablet market. There's an ipad market. It's a fad that will die off and is pretty much an item for hipsters.

But being hipster is too mainstream for me so tablets aren't a good use of my money.
  3. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,847   +64

Unless of course they make these things out of the 'hyper-elastic' Amoled material so it id the size of a credit card...now that would be anti-hipster-hipster, I'm in!...put you down for one of those?
  4. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,009   +37

lol wat

can i join your world?
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 879   +80

Don't leave me out!

Anyway, 30 months? Sounds plausible... but in 30months Apple will have new gimmick which will be selling like mad....
  6. red1776

:p:haha: ...sure Trill, c'mon in...the waters warm.:wave:
  7. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 904   +72

Nokia Morph anyone? http://research.nokia.com/morph
  8. red1776

9. negroplasty

negroplasty TechSpot Maniac Posts: 531   +11

Seems like a fair assessment.
  10. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 486   +10

They probably are correct.

But iPads having a down turn and Apple loosing money because of it is not mutually exclusive.

It just means market growth and more choice, which is good for everyone.
  11. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,994   +67

+1 red :D

For now I think tablets have only few usages e.g. entertainment (read videos or games etc.) or casual surfing; so unless there is drastic improvement in the quality/power of the offerings I am not sure they are anything but fad.

Apart from one fact which Jen forgot to made, Tegra isn't the leading SoC, and likes of Samsung is already developing their on SoCs (and only need nVidia for now because they don't have ability to manufacture them fast enough) + LG is also working on something similar. Take these two large cell/mobile computing giants out of the equation, and I think nVidia's life won't be that rosy.
  12. I like how android can't even surpass the apples iPad. Apple only has 2 tablets. Tech one because the iPad 2 is just an upgrade from the first. And android has atleast over 15 types of android tablets. And yet apple is destroying the tablet market. Yes android is getting better, but by looking at the differences. Android isn't looking good at all.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.