Nvidia Drivers do nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raidur

Hey guys and thanks in advance. A friend of mine is trying to install my old 7950GT 512mb into his freshly reformatted computer. He has told me that he tried installing the proper nvidia drivers and after restarting it made no difference. He said the windows are still glitchy and the resolution and color bit still stay the same, as if there were no drivers installed. He also said he tried installing the drivers from the EVGA website as well (it was an EVGA card). I didn't have him look in the Device Manager to see if it was in there but I will and update this post. I haven't looked at it myself but figured I'd get some ideas before I do, so I can save some time when it comes. =P

Could the card be dead/dieing? Is it possible for ram/cpu/mobo to cause this to happen?

Thanks again!

Ok I'll test the card out on my computer later and let you know if it works. If it works on my pc do you think it is most likely the mobo causing the issue?

It could be a number of things, what is the spec of the sytem he's trying to install the card into, does it have a power supply capable of running the card.

He re-formatted his comp.

Did he install the chipset drivers?

When he booted up, did the Plug and Play system see the 'new' vid card and ask for drivers?

edit:

Did he connnect the additional power supply to it? (similar question to the above but having it and connecting are diffferent - lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back