nVIDIA ForceWare Driver Will Not Install

By HeAdCrAb KILLA
Oct 24, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having some serious issues with my system. I have recently tried to revert back to my integrated graphics GPU (GeForce 4 MX) from a GeForce 6200 OC. (The card wasn't performing good). When I first installed the card I had to disable the integrated graphics and uninstall all of my previous drivers. This went smoothly. However, upon trying the revert, I cannot seem to get the system to recognize the GPU and the AGP is disabled. When I go to install my new, updated drivers for the integrated GPU, I get an error message (in the install program) that states something like "cannot find driver device compatible with current hardware." WTF!!! In the Hardware Devices list, I cannot locate the Display Device (which would be the GeForce4 MX) at all. My motherboard sucks because it doesn't allow direct BIOS modification so I can't use most of the information here on the web. I've tried just about everything in my power to get my system to enable a Display Device but I cannot seem to figure this one out. I would really like to see my system back to normal before I upgrade to a 6800GT OC. (and more RAM). If anyone can give or lead me to any information, that would be EXCELLENT! Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.