Nvidia Fx 5200 256mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i recently got new computer parts which consisted of new ram, processor, and video card which you can see in my stats. My problem is my computer is literally almost the same exact speed as my old computer which was 1.2 ghz, 512mb of ram, and a nvidia fx 5200 128mb, my computer is almost double the stats of my old one and it runs the same, i was told it is my nvidia drivers which right now i have 93.71. im sure it is my video card because i tested my brothers radeon 9600 pro 256mb vid card in my pc and it ran very fast but i could only play a game for not even 5 seconds without my computer freezing. does anybody know what drivers i should have if they are wrong? it really doesnt make sense to me what could be wrong with this ive been trying to figure out since i got my new pc parts on august 15th. thanks

Codex Computing said:
I cant find ur stats so wot mobo and CPU have got??? also wot RAM u got??

thnks

:hotbounce

james

oh sorry forgot to add that, i have a AMD Sempron 3400+ 2.0ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, and my motherboard is a k8m800 motherboard. Later i will look for the brand or type for w/e if its necessary.

Codex Computing said:
one thing i should have mentioned in the last post is that u could try updating the firmware

here is the latest forceware driver i can find for cards with FX GPU.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_162.18.html

nice choice btw i love the FX5200 got bout 3 myself.

going offline now have to see a customer but it u need more help jus post back here or e-mail me info@codex-computing.co.uk

James

I've already tried those drivers but none of them seem to work, im kinda wondering if it could be the vendor of the card which was Sparkle, but im not sure. just doesnt make sense how my video games run literally almost the same exact speed as my old computer yet i have double everything as my old pc. this is actually the exact one i got off the website if it helps at all, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3053804&sku=S15-1010

tomjones said:
I've already tried those drivers but none of them seem to work, im kinda wondering if it could be the vendor of the card which was Sparkle, but im not sure. just doesnt make sense how my video games run literally almost the same exact speed as my old computer yet i have double everything as my old pc. this is actually the exact one i got off the website if it helps at all, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3053804&sku=S15-1010
Double of the FX5200? What card are you using now?

Its only an addition amount of ram, you shouldn't really see that big of a difference in terms of gaming performance.

but, I think your problem with the freezing is overheating, make sure there is good airflow in your computer, and that its in the good temperature range.

play a game and then when it freezes touch your graphics card, if its way too hot thats probably why.

Codex Computing said:
Agree with Nirkon here.

having re-read all ur posts etc there is not a lof of diff in ur hardware so the performance diff will be minimal.

I advise having at least 1 fan in the back of the case (40mm) and one in the front if you can (again 40mm) so that you get an airflow through the case.

hope this helps

james

still how cant it make my games faster? for example i play battlefield 2142 if you have heard of it, on my old computer it ran so slow on low graphics, then on this pc it runs ok on low graphics when i would expect it to run medium - high and i have better requirements than it needs.

the minimum requirements always talks about low, your system isnt that good to play BF2142 on medium, let alone high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back