nVidia GeForce 4200 Ti 128 problem with Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MSI nVidia GeForce 4200 Ti AGP 4x 128 RAM will not load in any OS other than Windows XP. I tried Win98, WinME, Mandrake Linux 9, they can't use it. I installed the Detonator drivers under 98 and the system just restarts when windows try to load the GUI. Under WinXP, everything works fine for over a year now, but under Win98 it has to be listed as a VGA (not even SuperVGA) and run at 640x480x16 colours (not 16-bit). My mainboard is a QDI Kudoz 333something and I have an Athlon XP 2200+. What could be wrong with it?
Poromenos

P.S. I have tried to install EVERY detonator version, uninstall it, flash the card, flash the bios, flash everyone, still nothing, so I don't think it's a driver problem.

restarts? does it provide an error message at least? i used to have this problem with an old VIA based board and AGP cards...i put it down to experience and upgraded... luckily i was about to do it anyway, but i'd just bought the g/card and wanted to try it till my other stuff came :)

just a shot in the dark here. But with the different OS's you need to download different drivers. ie: win98/ME drivers for win98/me windows NT/2000 etc. etc. Your trying all the different revisions of the drivers but are they the correct drivers for your OS? It's just what first came to mind.

A.

No, it's correct :p I think the problem is much deeper than that... Maybe a motherboard/graphics card conflict or something... I'm looking for someone that may have had the same problem and solved it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back