nVIDIA GeForce 5200 FX card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well basically my hard drive broke so I bought a new one, had to obviously reinstall windows etc, and everything was fine. I installed the drivers from the disc (as I lost them) and everything was okay until I turned my PC on one day and it just beeped loads, I tried lots of different things to see what it was and I changed my graphics card and now it works, and whenever I have my GeForce FX 5200, my computer won't turn on, it's as if there is no graphics card installed.
I had this problem when I first got it, but I moved it about and it worked - I just assumed I didn't fit it in properly, but I know this time its a problem with the card. Any suggestions?
Cheers

Are you sure you did not physically damage the card (the connecting portion) when you last took it out or fitted it in? When you "moved it about", you DID turn off the computer first right? Do you know what the usual operating temperature of your card is? 'Cuz it could be fried for all I can think of.

5200 gefroce

seems to me an statics problems ,you dont took the rigth messures work in the pc while you are installing the hard drive maybe move or touch the video card by mistake .Use antstatics spray and insert the video card again, dirty contact or video card damage by the staics. i hope the video still working good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back