NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256mb ram 64bit ddr2 graphics card 8X AGP slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoesullix

i have a nvidia geforce 6200 256mb g-ram card which fits into the agp x8 slot.

when im in the middle of things say aim or the internet etc i get lost of red blocks and shapes flying all over the screen, if i move the card about a bit while switched on they do sometimes stop and all is back to normal, im not sure if this is to do with heating or the slot itself?

any suggestions

cheers :(

First off I would advise never to move stuff around, unplug or plug in anything while your system is running. It is a good way to cause a surge and fry a componant or componants... Second, you should not be able to move it. I have found that the retaining clip that secures the crd to the case sometimes is slightly bent and when you tighten down the screw it will sometimes cause the card to unseat itself slightly. As the system heats up a little it will seperate even more. Check the card and watch as you tighten down the screw to see if there is any movement. Also a dirty slot can cause this... Hope that helps..

Try your old 5700 in that slot to see if the slot is at fault or not. I know that you just got this card in the mail and it's very possible that you may need to exchange it. This can be your chance to upgrade further, if it turns out that you have to return/exchange it.

Use a pencil eraser to clean the surface of the bus interface. Then make sure there is no dust in the slot. Also check your temps. It sounds like artifacts which can be caused by overheating. Are you overclockin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back