TechSpot

NVidia GeForce 6600 problem, Help!

By Monk
Dec 28, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everybody,

Last x-mas (2005), I got some new things for my computer so I could actually play the newer games. The video card was the NVidia Geforce 6600.

It worked fine for about a year, It played FEAR, Titan Quest, a bunch of visually great games good, until about at the beginning of December of this year. I was playing FEAR, and all of the sudden, it reboots. I try again, it runs fine.

Then i get Company of Heroes for this x-mas, and I play it, it reboots. I updated the game and the video card drivers, and it still reboots. I thought it was an overheating issue, so I took off the side panel. I don't know if that would help cool down the PC, but it still rebooted. Also, the reboot just reboots, it doesn't freeze for a few seconds or anything, just immediately closes and starts back up.

Has anybody suffered from this problem before, and has a fix? Or has my video card just gone bad?

Thanks

2. lansing

lansing TS Rookie

Why didn't you doubt your MB and OS?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.