TechSpot

Nvidia geforce fx 5200 driver uninstall problem

By pbolden
Dec 13, 2004
  1. Hello Everyone,

I upgraded to the latest drivers for my geforce fx 5200 and the performance of some of my software was degraded so I tried to delete the driver upgrade and reinstall the previous driver version. After I delete the current drivers through the "Add Remove Programs" I then restart windows and install the previous drivers. During the installation I am prompted: "a more recent version of the drivers was found do you want to overwrite" I say yes and continue with the installation. After completion and re-boot, I check the driver version and it's the version I tried to delete. Apparently some files are being left behind during the removal process. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks,
    Paul Bolden

2. PLAINLAZY360

PLAINLAZY360 TS Rookie

Same Problem

I have the same problem, you uninstall the driver but then windows finds the graphics card and re-installs it again.
    It's not leaving any files, It is windows updating the drivers.
    Even though it works fine without the drivers.

3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello guys and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. It may help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.